iPhone 3GS need help jailbreak/unlock, please.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thebluecoat, Sep 9, 2011.

1. thebluecoat macrumors newbie

(before I made the mistake)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB white
    firmware 3.1.3
    bootloader 6.4
    shsh - saved in tinyumbrella
    --- never updated beyond 3.1.3

The mistake I made was to try to restore fresh to 3.1.3 (which is my ultimate goal), I'd like to preserve baseband to maintain the unlock I had. Could someone please assist me by letting me know what I should be reading, or the versions and names of the tools I should be using to get it out of the usb cable to itunes logo.

Ultimately, I wouldnt mind going to any version that's higher as long as I can jailbreak / unlock it.

I really understand there are millions of these questions asked everyday, but ANY help from someone would be greatly appreciated and followed by a $5 paypal donation if your help works (and if that's okay with the forum mods) just a little something for your help, and also because I'm without a phone until I get help!

Thanks in advance!

2. thebluecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

3. thebluecoat, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

thebluecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

tried to flash to 4.3.3 with ipad baseband custom ipsw (new bootrom) that i booted into pwned dfu mode, it finished, but it failed with an itunes error. still stuck

*edit* its just a black screen, i tried tiny umbrella to kick out of recovery, and the option isnt clickable, guess i screwed myself

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it was on 3.1.3 why would you install the ipad baseband? Your 3.1.3 baseband is already unlockable and without the sides of the ipad BB.
    You should ask and learn first before you try stuff out without knowing cause basebands and other things are not reversible and once you mess up there's no going back.

5. thebluecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

Because I figured I might as well update to a newer fm version, namely 4.3.3. Sorry that I made the mistake, with that aside, would you be willing to offer help?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can update to newer firmware version while maintaining your unlockable baseband from 3.1.3 using pwnage tool or snowbreeze.
    I have no idea what you did to it now, if you installed the ipad bb and what firmware and state the iphone is in.
    You should ask questions first and wait a little longer than an hour to get some responses and maybe step by step tutorials.
    Do you know what comes with it when you install the ipad BB? You're stuck with no GPS use and can never restore to stock firmware any more. And depending on what shsh blobs you have saved you might be stuck with a tethered JB.

7. thebluecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

Ill try sn0wbreezing 4.3.3 and see what I can do there. I am okay with updating to ipad baseband, gps is not something that I can say that I really use on an iphone.

How my update process (until now) went like this.

Used redsn0w to boot phone into pwned dfu mode:
    using tiny umbrella tss server on top of this I was able to get itunes to begin
    loading this software, and the phone was taking it.
    3.1.3 > 4.3.3 custom ipsw (hacktivated, unlocked, baseband preserve)

Upon finishing, itunes gave me an error. phone stayed in DFU mode.

Figured I would use redsn0w anyway for jailbreak and ipad baseband, and that restoring to an OFFICIAL 4.3.3 ipsw from itunes would let me finish, it did, however I got another error and was still in dfu and couldnt get out.

I was unaware if I had the old bootroom, so at first I said yes, because the internet has lead me to believe that what i stated above was the older bootrom, saying yes or no in redsn0w has not allowed me to finish.

So now this is where i am now trying your suggestion. Hope it works.

8. thebluecoat, Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011

thebluecoat thread starter macrumors newbie

I just used sn0wbreeze to create a custom 4.3.3 ipsw, it SAID it was put in a pwned state to make itunes do custom ipsw's but when I go to itunes shift + restore, I keep getting error 1600.

okay I got it to finish, then at the end, I got error 1015 and right now its sitting at a white screen.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced