Iphone 3Gs. Need help please.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by danielq12, Jun 28, 2012.

1. danielq12 macrumors newbie

I updated my iPhone 3Gs to 5.1.1 and jailbroke it using redsn0w and I had installed the iPad baseband previously. At first everything went well. I activated the phone, and everything was fine until I turned it off. When I tried to turn it back on by booting it with redsn0w because it is tethered, it didn't turn back on, and all I see is green/gray horizontal lines along the bottom half of the phone. Please help me fix this, thank you for your time.:)

2. danielq12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Can anybody please help me. I have been trying to fix it for almost a week and I'm really desperate.:(

3. IsraelSpets macrumors newbie

IsraelSpets

First of all you are using the jailbrake so what did you expect !!!
    on my opinion plug your iphone to the itunes and make a defult restore (if itunes can see your iphone ) and stay on the ios 5.11 without using redsnow !!!
    i have Iphone 3gs not jailbroken with ios 5.11 it's works perfectly !!! :) :apple:

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

What have you tried? Have you tried sticking it into DFU mode and restoring via iTunes?

BTW, these are the risks you take when you jailbreak, let alone stuffing iPad basebands onto your phone. You're taking your iPhone's life in your hands, so you have to be prepared for this kinda thing to happen.

5. IsraelSpets macrumors newbie

IsraelSpets

That's what i talking about Jailbreak is a big risk :)

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yes, but not even so much jailbreaking, but stuffing iPad basebands down your iPhone's throat... That's a big risk!

7. danielq12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I messed up but I don't think it is impossible to fix it, and it would be awesome if you guys could give tips on what to do.:)

8. danielq12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried to restore it, I have tried to re-jailbreak it, and nothing happens.
    *Note* when you out and iPad baseband into an iPhone it doesn't "shove it down it's throat" it just upgrades the baseband.:)