iPhone 3GS Network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pelicanflip, Jun 24, 2009.

1. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Quick question, hopefully someone can help answer it.

I'm considering buying a factory unlocked iPhone 3GS from either Italy, Taiwan, or Australia. I live in the USA, and I am currently on the T-Mobile Network.

I know that it should work perfectly fine if I do decide to buy one. However, I have some concerns.

First and foremost, will the T-Mobile network on the iPhone 3GS be able to access and utilize the 3G network? Or has tmobile not picked up the slack yet?

Second, as with the previous iphone, it comes with the new headset. If I purchase an iPhone 3GS from overseas and try to use the new headset with my phone, will there be any issues?

Also, If I need to go to the Apple store to get a new pair of headphones, would I have to mail it back to where I bought it from or would I be able to just get a new pair of headphones here in the US?

Finally, since I'm on the T-Mobile Network, would I be missing out on any features of the iPhone 3GS? Are there are pros or cons I should be aware of, besides pricing in the different plans of different networks?

Much appreciated, and thanks all around

-Dustin

2. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

I think you will only be able to get EDGE speeds. At least that's what I have seen in other threads. There was another thread with this same thing earlier today. I also think that you probably wont get visual voicemail, which I really like (but I am not 100% sure on this). As far as everything else goes you shouldn't lack too much

3. pelicanflip thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you think it would be better just to buy an iphone 3gs in the US and wait until the dev team comes out with an unlock/jailbreak tool for it?

4. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

There's no telling how long that could take.

5. pelicanflip thread starter macrumors 6502a

hence why i'm considering buying an iphone 3gs overseas. although the prices are pretty high, roughly a grand for a 32 GB.