Iphone 3GS New Battery not charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by blueyedsamurai, Jul 19, 2013.

1. blueyedsamurai macrumors newbie

So after the Phone was dropped it refused to charge. I bought a new battery for it and it turned on and worked perfect touch screen sound ect and it was recognized by the computer/iTunes.

But the new battery doesn't seem to charge even though when plugged in the iPhone shows the its charging but its not. The battery wont drain if its plugged into the computer but obviously wont charge.

Is the dock connecter damaged or do I have a faulty new battery?

2. graysonteague macrumors newbie

It may be the dock connector. Does it do nothing when you plug it in to the computer:apple: with the USB cable?

3. blueyedsamurai thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeh like I said in my post it's recognized by the computer and Itunes like a normal Iphone.

Everything seems normal, it just wont charge even though it shows that its charging the battery wont go up.

It holds its charge whilst its plugged in, but then will obviously start draining once its off.

4. 808? macrumors 6502a

Who replaced the battery?

If you did it yourself, maybe one of the connectors is loose.

5. blueyedsamurai thread starter macrumors newbie

I did replace the battery, although the one before had zero charge and the iphone would only show the dead red battery.

Once I put in the new Battery the phone turned on and everything worked fine except the battery wouldn't charge( I think it was on around 60 percent charge when installed)

I made sure the connectors were touching and was properly put in place so I guess if its not another Hardware Issue I've got a dud battery.

I did buy a cheap one from China so I guess its to be expected.