iPhone 3gs (new bootrom) 4.3.5 bb 05.16.02 UNLOCK

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by md031293, Sep 26, 2011.

1. md031293 macrumors newbie

I have a brand new iPhone 3gs (new bootrom) on version 4.3.5 and bb 05.16.02. I know that to unlock this phone you need to downgrade to 4.1 using saved SHSH on Cydia than jailbreak and upgrade the baseband to the iPad's. However, I am stuck. I can downgrade but only with custom firmware made by PwnageTool. Also when I try and add the iPad baseband upgrade to the custom firmware my phone no longer downgrades. When the phone fails to restore, it comes up with an error 1015 at about two-thirds the way done. I have tried TinyUmbrella, Blackra1n and RecBoot but none of them can kick the phone out of recovery mode. Only a restore works. I know there is a way because I recently bought an unlocked iPhone 3gs and according to the serial it is only a month old so it has the new bootrom. Does anyone know the method? I am working on a Mac but could get access to a Windows if needed. And I am just curious, should I be able to downgrade to stock firmware if I have the SHSHs from Cydia? Thank you to anyone with any advise.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Create a custom firmware 4.1 with pwnage tool and downgrade to it. You will not need SHSH since apple is still signing 4.1 but only for the 3GS. Using pwnage tool will avoid the 1015 error since the baseband is not touched.

After the downgrade use Redsnow to upgrade the baseband to the IPAD baseband and you should be able to unlock at that time.

However, be aware that the ipad baseband comes with issues.

1. NO GPS
    2. A need to always use custom firmware when updating.

3. saigonA macrumors newbie

DO THIS A YOUR OWN RISK...upgrading to ipad baseband crashed on me. My brand new 3gs was dead. APPLE CANT EVEN FIX IT. Not covered by warranty as they found unlock/jb software on the phone

4. md031293 thread starter macrumors newbie

What exactly made your iPhone crash on the iPad baseband? Did you try to do the "reset all content and settings" function?

----------

Ok. I understand up to the Redsnow. Do I point Redsnow at the custom firmware or the stock file? Also have you heard of any crashing issues with the iPad baseband? And if so, would a reset to a custom firmware fix this? Lastly, should I re-jailbreak the phone with Redsnow or just update the baseband (the iPhone is already jailbroken form the custom firmware)?