iphone 3gs no 3G service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cpttomasz, Sep 12, 2010.

1. cpttomasz macrumors newbie

I have had the 32gig iphone 3GS for about a year now. It always worked great and i never had reception issues. I went to the beach about 3 weeks ago which is about 4 hours from my house and ever since i came back it has been searching for service. If I turn off 3G under network settings i get full reception but the minute I switch it on I have no service.

I was running 3.1.1 and tried restoring that didn't work. I tried a full restore to 3.1.3 and that didnt work. I had ATT reload my phone or whatever they call it , didnt work. Got a new sim from ATT still doesnt work. They assigned me a routing number and that didnt work. So basically my phone works great but the minute i turn on 3G under network settings it craps out. Could it be the phone? It was never dropped or anything and like I said with 3G off it gets great Edge reception its just slower then it normally was. Please help I am completely lost and i think ATT is as well.

2. cpttomasz thread starter macrumors newbie