iPhone 3GS no service

martin5504

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2013
Hi, I have a blocked iphone, I have ios 6.1.3 and baseband 5.13.04, I installed ultrasn0w iphone But I still reports no service like this? thank you

martin5504

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 17, 2013
I understand if you purchase the unlock AT & T to release the ultrasnow will go through it?

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
What aren't you understanding? The IMEI is blocked, thus preventing it from being used on AT&T, T-Mobile or whichever gsm carrier in the U.S.

Only AT&T can unblock it. Even if you get it factory unlocked it still won't work.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
He could. But I'm pretty sure the original owner would have to take care of it.
Probably so. I think that AT&T though, may only be concerned if that particular iPhone is still under a contract. If it's not under contract, then I don't see why AT&T would not unlock it for him.

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
Probably so. I think that AT&T though, may only be concerned if that particular iPhone is still under a contract. If it's not under contract, then I don't see why AT&T would not unlock it for him.
AT&T doesn't block due to unpaid accounts. They only block stolen phones. I've had many accounts over the years where I bought iPhones and sold them after a few months and broke the contracts. No one on this site ever complained to me that phone was later blocked. I still own a few others myself that work on T-Mobile to this day.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Yea CDMA carriers will block the esn of MEID from being used on lost/stolen phones and unpaid accounts but gsm providers will only block if stolen.

The OP answered his own question in the first few words of his post. He's confusing a blocked imei with locked SIM card. He's out of luck.