Iphone 3gs no wifi help PLEASE.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by manawwas, Mar 12, 2012.

1. manawwas macrumors newbie

Hey guys I recently bought a I phone 3gs off of ebay. It was in recovery mode so I restored it to its original 4.1 software off of Itunes. When I turn it on its wifi is grayed out has no firmware and says unable to make or receive calls. It has the new bootrom because I checked with I detector. The the phone was made in the 30th week of 2011. I tried to add ipad baseband but when I turn phone on its still shows nothing.

Is there anything I can do to fix this problem??? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. manawwas thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like its fried.
    It wasn't compatible to install the iPad bb on but someone did it anyway and messed it up.

4. saud0488 macrumors 6502

It's a newer one. Thus you have three options: Fix it, return it, or have apple fix it.

To fix it just put it in DFU mode and do a restore. This always works on the newer ones. Super easy stuff.

Or you could do a regular restore and in it's DFU loop, you can say it won't activate to the apple store folks. More than likely you'll be on the iOS 5 activation prompt and it won't activate. Had this happen to me.

Question though, did the ebay listing say it was in this condition? If so do one of the above steps.

If not, here's what I would do.

Do one of the above steps but before you do demand some money back from the seller. Then once you get it, you can go about fixing it or getting it replaced.

Best of luck!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wish it was that easy.
    A dfu restore or any kind of restore wont fix those issues.
    It's hardware that's messed up by the iPad bb installation.
    It needs a new logic board.