iPhone 3GS not showing up in iTunes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hansvon, Jun 21, 2010.

1. hansvon macrumors member

I was hoping to upgrade to iOs4 tonight. I plugged in earlier and was told I had to update my iTunes to 9.2. I did that and restarted my computer. Now when I plug in my iPhone 3gs (3.1.3 unJB), the USB recognizes and asks if I want to view folders or whatever but iTunes does not have it show up under devices. I am on Windows Vista.

2. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

3. hansvon thread starter macrumors member

So, this was never answered, but just in case anyone is looking for a possible fix, I figured it out for me, at least.

I can't count how many times I ripped out iTunes, Quicktime, Apple Mobile Support, Apple Installation, Bonjour, and whatever the 6th one is I'm forgetting. Anywho, after reinstalling iTunes over and over, my iPhone, nor my old iPod touch just wouldn't show up. Finally I took my mom's iPod nano 3g and plugged it in, and voila, there it is under Devices. Needless to say, I was very pissed because I figured that meant something was wrong with my mobile devices. But after ejecting the nano, I plugged my iPhone right back in, and boom, there iTunes asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 4.0. So I dunno if it just needed something familiar to jumpstart it or what have you, but there you go.