iPhone 3GS not syncing Contacts & Calendar from Outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sickBocks, Apr 1, 2010.

1. sickBocks macrumors newbie

Hi all

I have an iPhone 3GS and 'upgraded' to iTunes 9.1 yesterday. My PC uses Windows XP running Outlook 2003. Ever since the download I can no longer sync my contacts or calendar. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, turned my computer off, reset the Sync history in iTunes and now restored the iPhone - still to no avail. Does anyone have any clues?

Cheers

sB:(

2. rbuckspan macrumors newbie

:confused:Same problem here. I get a "Sync is not enabled" iTunes start-up error, and nothing at all in the Contact Sync drop-down list. Music and app sync is OK. The Outlook Contact sync worked just fine before the 9.1.0.79 update.

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's a patch for Outlook that allows it to sync with iTunes. I suspect that they haven't made an update for 9.1. You might try seeing if there are any updates for Outlook.

4. sickBocks thread starter macrumors newbie

Fix on the way

Cheers Aggie

I spent about 3 hours on the phone to Apple Tech Support today having already done most of what was suggested on the updated "Advanced Troubleshooting for Sync Services on Windows with Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007".

They reckon that 60% of people are having the problem solved by searching their computer for 'libxml2.dll' and moving it to their desktop. Then removing iTunes + Quicktime + Apple Application Support + Apple Mobile Device Support + Apple Software Update and then reinstalling. This should put an updated/uncorrupted/whatever version of libxml2.dll back where it should be.

Note to self: When it asks if I want to upgrade - Don't. Wait 3 weeks, check forums to make sure bugs have been solved and then download latest latest bug-free version.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

@OP: I always wait after an update. Most updates are nothing earth shattering, so I don't see a reason to have it now.