iPhone 3GS not working with iOS 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dsf190, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Dsf190 macrumors newbie

I got my udid registered, downloaded a copy of iTunes 10.5 beta 3 and iOS 5 beta 3 for the iPhone 3GS. I alt-clicked restore and selected the beta update, and after iTunes says "verifying with apple..." and error message comes up, "The iPhone "iPhone" cannot be restored because of an unknown error. (20)". I have looked for a solution to this problem but I can't seem to find one that works for me. I'm on a new MacBook Pro 15 inch with Lion.

2. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Did you pay Apple the 99 dollars or did you pay a few dollars to activate your UDID?

3. Pelligea macrumors newbie

Thing to check.

I believe you may be having the same issue I am.

From what I have found. It is possible that our iPads or iPhones where updated to 4.3.4 with a newer date than the 5. beta date.

I have gone through back dating my iTunes to an older version and found 4.3.3 but for me I also have updated to Lion, which is not compatible with the 4.3.3 version. So it still will not install. I may be out of luck. Unless I try it on my PC. Ohhh the disgrace.

If I were you I would try these steps. Check your version on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod and see if it if 4.3.4. If it is it will most likely be the same problem I have. Do you have lion installed?

4. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Are you guys apart of the dev program or did you pay to have your UDID registered?

5. Pelligea macrumors newbie

I am in the Dev Program. But still seem to have all those same version issues. I guess that is what I get for grabbing lion.