Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
London
Hi all, gone from one annoying issue to an even more annoying one.

Was on latest (Old Skool) Leopard, and on connecting iPhone 3GS it would always launch Aperture. Never got round to resetting Prefs in Aperture to stop this. Lazy fool, I hear you say.

WEeeeell...(as Samantha would say) I updated to Snow Leopard, last night, and now Aperture won't see the iPhone at all. Nor will iPhoto, even when setting that app to launch when connecting camera.:(

Any ideas???:confused::confused::confused:

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
London
And before you ask, Image Capture doesn't see my iPhone, either. So no go there.:(

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
London
Does iTunes see your iPhone?

Yep. It's the only thing that does, it seems.

And in answer to the other repondent, above, all up to date. Aperture, iTunes, iPhoto 09, and SL 10.6.1

All worked up until I installed SL last night. Basically, it seems that SL doesn't now recognise the iPhone as a camera.

Hoping against hope that this hasn't kileed my NikonD300 WRT Aperture:eek:

Bug time???

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
All worked up until I installed SL last night. Basically, it seems that SL doesn't now recognise the iPhone as a camera.
Check out the following thread, and specifically ScottKleinberg's post:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2156675&start=0&tstart=0
1. Go to the camera roll and delete any photo you didn't shoot with the camera. Anything you saved from e-mail, screenshots, etc. If you need them, email them to yourself or something.

2. Unplug the iPhone from USB after those photos are erased.

3. Replug in the iPhone. It should launch iPhoto normally and be seen in Image Capture.

Shagrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
London
THANKS!!! Worked a treat! Interesting bug, then. I HAD just saved a couple of images from an email, and having erased them, all is now back up and running..

You da man! And Scott Kleinberg, too!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.