iPhone 3Gs official unlock problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by owazio, Jan 21, 2011.

1. owazio, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011

owazio macrumors member

I had my iPhone 3Gs working for about the day it was released and it's officially unlocked but when i updated my iphone to 4.3 beta firmware it worked fair enough with some buggy problems that weren't bothering me that much, after i have used it for a week all of a sudden my edge network stop working i restarted my iphone and boot it up back a again many time but with no luck. Therefore i decided to restore my iPhone to the same firmware by clicking "option" and tabbing on "Check for update" on my Mac to brows for the firmware that i have downloaded. i waited for my iphone to be restored and i was surprised that it didn't boot up to iphone's main menu but all i can see is the iphone's screen that instructs me to plug the USB and all i can do is to make emergency calles in that menu.

How can i unlock my iphone without jailbreaking it because i went to a shop and they told me we have to jailbreak your iphone to make it work since it not officially unlocked but i am very sure that i have bought it officially unlocked. how can i fix this problem?
    My iphone has to be officially unlocked to use it as an GSM phone and that is exactly what i want to do, i do not want to jailbreak

Note: i have downloaded 4.3 update via torrent
    "iPhone2,1_4.3_8F5148b_Restore"

2. owazio thread starter macrumors member

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So read what the message says.
    Is your phones serial registered with an official Developer account?
    If not you wont be able to use any of the 4.3 betas.
    Restore it back to official 4.2.1

4. owazio thread starter macrumors member

I know what does it mean and to be part of the developer programe i have to pay 99/year.

I did restore it and it didn't work and i can't restore it any more if this menu keep showing up each time i plug in my iphone.

5. Applejuiced, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thank you sir:)

8. owazio, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

owazio thread starter macrumors member

After researching thought the internet i noticed that i have the boot loop (Recovery Mode Loop) problem, i tried to use iREB for to fix the 1015 error that pops each time i restore my iphone via itunes, this happens when restoring to either of 4.2.1 official, 4.3 b1 and 4.3 b2. i have seen many videos in you tube regarding how to fix the loop menu using the iRecovery method or the the iREP application for Win. However, nothing worked for me so far i think i have to wait for either for official 4.3 update or iREB that supports 4.3 boot loop problem.

At leaset i noticed the problem but i wonder if there is any possible way to fix this issue ASPR without jailbreaking because i don't have the SHSH file saved since i didn't jailbreak it even though i tried to jailbreak it but it didn't work.

9. owazio, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2011

owazio thread starter macrumors member

Finally fixed it, i have download many iOS updates (same version) from differant websites for some reason one if the updates gave me different error number than the other updates and along using iREP i followed the instructions and my iPhone started to work.