iPhone 3GS Old Bootroom Cannot Restore

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by allieverything, Mar 21, 2012.

1. allieverything macrumors member

Hi,

So I have a 3GS old bottom that I jail broke and unlocked using the iPad baseband on 5.0.1. Shortly thereafter, the phone would deactivate itself and eventually kept rebooting itself. I could not get it to respond with redsn0w. I restored with iTunes to 5.1 but now the phone will not activate even with an AT&T sim. Any thoughts?

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Restore it back down to 4.1, jailbreak, reflash iPad baseband and then install ultrasn0w to unlock it.

3. allieverything thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for your reply. Is there any way to restore to stock?

4. allieverything thread starter macrumors member

Hi, I keep getting error 20. Any suggestions?

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

6. batotman macrumors 6502

7. allieverything thread starter macrumors member

So I finally got it to restore to 4.1 using owned DFU mode but I still have no signal- even with ATT sim. Thanks all for your help as well in the earlier posts.

8. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because your phone has the iPad baseband on it. In order for you to use it, you must install ultrasn0w to unlock it and your phone will pick up signal with any sims including AT&T.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If your phone does have the iPad baseband, try re-installing it with Redsn0w

10. allieverything thread starter macrumors member

Thank you both. I reflashed the baseband and unlocked via ultrasn0w and that did the trick. Thanks again everyone!

For people who are in a similar situation I'll recap.

1) I was having problems with the iPhone 3GS old bottom on 5.0.1 after I unlocked with iPad baseband. The phone would randomly deactivate and asked to be restored in iTunes.

2) I restored to to 5.1 stock in iTunes thinking this would fix the problem. I did not realize at the time that once 6.15.00 is installed, there is no way to downgrade. Restoring to 5.1 does NOT resolve the issue.

3) At this time, I could not get past the activation screen even with an ATT sim as I had the 6.15.00 baseband.

4) I jailbroke 5.1 using Redsn0w. This got me past the activation screen.

5) My phone was stuck on searching/no signal

6) I reflashed the iPad baseband on 5.1 to no avail. Phone would not receive signal.

7) I finally was able to restore to 4.1 using saved blobs from Tiny Umbrella server running and pwned DFU mode in Redsn0w. (Luckily the person before jb and saved blobs as I bought the phone on 5.0.1)

8) At this point I inserted ATT sim and still no signal.

9) Reflashed iPad baseband in Redsn0w and unlocked via ultrasn0w in cydia as per recommendations.

10) Voila! iPhone gets signal again and GPS even works.

11. CRMad macrumors newbie

You didn't have any problems getting Redsn0w to download the iPad baseband? I've been trying to do it for almost 2 days now, but it just isn't downloading the baseband at all.

I noticed that even sn0wbreeze seems to be having an issue downloading the iPad baseband too at the moment, so that option is out as well. Hopefully it will all iron itself out soon.

12. dhlizard, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You must have an Internet connection for this to work
    You can try an older version of Redsn0w also.

Make sure and reboot the computer and phone before trying again
    You do know the jailbreak and installing the iPad baseband cannot be done at the same time, you must run Redsn0w a 2nd time, uncheck install Cydia