iPhone 3GS on iOS 5: Find My iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GerMo, Oct 15, 2011.

1. GerMo macrumors member

I have an iPhone 3GS and I updated it to iOS5. I enabled my iCloud account and Find My iPhone. Unfortunately, when I go on my mac, and login to iCloud.com, it cannot locate the iPhone. It shows the iPhone with options to play sound, send message (etc.) but it appears to be offline, with no location known. Location services are also enabled on my iPhone 3gs.

Can someone with an iPhone 3GS on iOS 5 please try this?

Thanks.

2. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Did you go into settings>iCloud>turn on find my phone? It is a separate setting that has to be on. Also did you sign into iCloud account on your phone?

3. GerMo thread starter macrumors member

Yes, i'm very sure I did, and I just double checked. So were you able to locate your iPhone 3gs?

I'm now wondering if there is a problem with the GPS. But even if that is the case, it should still locate my device without a problem since it can i'm connected to wifi anyway. But I have to say, I don't have cellular data turned on.

4. freebird2003 macrumors member

Solved!

Refference :

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1255245