Iphone 3gs on ios4..(brand new)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by axelf1, Jul 13, 2010.

1. axelf1 macrumors newbie

Well let me start by saying i am totally new to all this.Only had the iphone for 5 days..I cant find out if it has the old boot rom or the new 1...I have tryed putting it in DFU mode, but when i go into devices on the computer i can see the phone is there but not getting the corrct drop down in the menu..I want to be able to jailbreak the phone but stuck at the first hurdle..can any1 help, please....Tony.

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

Save your self sometime brand new 3GS on 4.0 you will have to wait for the next jailbreak release. Sorry

3. imcivilized macrumors newbie

4. axelf1 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

It doesn't matter 4.0 3GS with no shsh saved he can't jailbreak right now. Don't confuse him.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

+1

7. axelf1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info...still trying to get used to the phone...only just worked out how to get a custom song on....when it is jailbroken is it any better...as the stupid bluetooth would nt transfer stuff from old mobile...

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

Now is a good time to read and learn. While you wait to jailbreak start with the stickies up top. Iclairfied is a good source for tutorials. YouTube has some great vids as well.

9. axelf1 thread starter macrumors newbie

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

iPhone has never supported BlueTooth media transfer. You need to transfer the stuff to your computer and use iTunes to sync.

11. varsh macrumors newbie

same problem

I too have the same issue... I have the phone that an ebay seller sold me (thinking it was unlocked), but am unable to use my tmobile connection till the jailbreak is out. Is a pain to see the phone lying around not being used! :(

Any idea when the jailbreak would be out? There are sites out there that say they can jb ios4 5.13.04 but when i mail them my phone's stats, they say it cant be done for now. :O

Cant i get back to version 3.xx?

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bingo.

13. douflag macrumors member

NO.

14. labman macrumors 604

labman

That's because these site are waiting for the Dev-team to do the jb/ul. So they can charge people $$$ fir something the Dev-Team gives away free.