iPhone 3GS on iPhone 3G Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boramora, Jul 20, 2009.

1. boramora macrumors member

boramora

Hey guys, I have the iPhone 3G (white 16GB) on the AT&T network and was wondering if I buy a non-contract iPhone 3GS (white 32GB) from Apple at $699, will I be able to just place the iPhone 3G sim card in the 3GS and be able to use it? It's still using the 3G network so I don't see any real conflicting upgrades.

2. alansaysstop macrumors regular

you can just activate the sim in the 3G S, but yeah, you can put take the sim from your 3G and put it in a 3G S.

3. Cescfabregas4 macrumors member

They both use the same plan. You are good to go.

4. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Since the Tread Starter (OP) is purchasing at a No Commitment price, they can just use their current active AT&T SIM from their current iPhone 3G.

For to OP, there is no difference in the iPhone data plan between the 3G and 3GS. Is there some reason that you don't want to take advantage of the reduced pricing by just upgrading and paying the $499 price? Are you just trying to avoid the new two-year commitment?

Dave

5. boramora thread starter macrumors member

boramora

Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get one soon. :)

Yeah, I'm already part of a family plan, and have already upgraded last year from the first gen. to the 3G. It's just too much hassle, plus AT&T says I don't qualify for a subsidized upgrade (shakes fist at AT&T). I'm still thinkin' about it though, I might end up just waiting for next year's model. :rolleyes: