iphone 3gs on tmobile network..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phreebees, Jul 8, 2009.

1. phreebees macrumors member

Will the web browsing speed be slightly better due to faster page rendering or will it still be the same speed as a regular 3g using the tmobile network? I could update my line for the 299 price (my contract is up in another month) or buy a mint 16gb white from a friend for 250 and unlock it for tmobile..

If the speed difference is noticible on tmobiles 2g network or am I better off getting the great deal from my friend( im going to buy it either way,and sell it for a profit if im going to get the 3gs)

thunks.

2. Benjic macrumors regular

T-Mobile uses the 1700MHz band for 3G, at&t does not, you will not have any greater increase in download speeds by getting a 3GS.

3. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Just pointing out because I didn't see it clear, 3G service on the iPhone 3G and 3G S is not compatable with tmobile's network (as said above), so you'll be stuck on edge no matter what phone you get.

4. phreebees thread starter macrumors member

yes I realize that if used on tmobile I will be restricted to edge/2g. However I have read some threads about how the 3gs's faster processor renders webpages quicker and was wondering if it would be faster on the 3gs using edge than the 3g using edge.
    Thanks.

5. samcraig macrumors P6

the rendering time will be faster than a 3g on the same network. But the rendering time will still be affected by the rate at which the html/etc is coming into the phone.