iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Berardi3, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Berardi3 macrumors newbie

I'm looking for a new phone sold my I touch and nokia e 71 which should I buy the 3GS for $49.00 or the new iPhone 4 for $ 199.00 I'm just looking for good but inexpensive phone . I'm not picky are they both good or is the 3Gs not as good as the iPhone 4 which would you pick and why?

2. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

iPhone 4 hands down. The screen on this thing is a beauty. The glass also makes it look really good.

3. saberahul macrumors 68040

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Wait 3 months for the announcement of the 5. Trust me on this one. If you decide the 5 isn't worth it, then you'll be able to pick up the 4 for cheap. Either way, the 3GS is on its way out.

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Although I would suggest waiting for the iPhone 5 as we're only 3 months or so away, if you must buy now I would say get the iPhone 4, the quality of the Retina Display alone is a reason to get it instead of the 3GS.

7. D3lta macrumors 6502a

As others have said, wait 3 months for the new iPhone or buy an iPhone 4 if you can't wait. The screen on the iPhone 4 is incredible.

8. Annerz macrumors regular

I have both. I'd say get the 3gs now and then wait for the 5 =]

9. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

What sense would that make? He'd be on contract another two years with a phone that isn't supported anymore and would probably be waiting for the 7th generation iPhone

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

You should have kept your E71 and the iTouch and waited for the 5. But for now get a dirt cheap phone and wait it out since the new one is just 3 months away. If it was January I would have said go with iPhone 4 as 6 months is still a fairly long time.

12. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

iPhone 4...sure the screen is better ect ect

the biggest advantage in my opinion is the PHONE QUALITY. 3GS is crap compared to 4. Phone calls are much more easier than hear, ect

13. sphoenix macrumors regular

sphoenix

You sir, are a genius :cool:

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Regardless of what your native language is, you should have had mercy on us and thrown some punctuation in there.

If you just want a good phone and maybe something to play your music on, the 3GS will be fine.

15. Savor Suspended

Savor

4 > 3GS, easily.

One thing I like about the iPhone 4 is the easy way to customize changing the back glass and replacing the battery. I have the typical Philip screws bought on launch day of last year which makes it even easier to unscrew.

If the iPhone 5 is going back to aluminum backing, it will make it harder to replace a battery or changing the look of the phone. It is like the first gen iPhone all over again where it can be a pain in the ass replacing the battery. Go on YouTube to know what I mean and compare it to the 4. I can manually replace my battery at a fraction of the cost that Apple offers.

iPhone 4 will no doubt be surpassed. All phones do. But if there is a "spare iPhone" worth keeping for years to come, it is the 4! An iPhone 4 Life!

16. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

3Gs wins the $ round even buying used on eBay. But as far as overall experience, features, speed, etc, I say the 4.

17. Tailpike1153 macrumors 6502a

Tailpike1153

Is this better Sedrick?

18. zenio macrumors 6502

I've had every iPhone released. The 3GS IS Apples finest by far.

In fact over a three month period, I bought six of them from Apple, one for each member of the family.

Presently my wife and I have each had more than one iPhone 4 due to a host of problems. None of which are the antenna or AT&T.

I truly believe Apple took shortcuts to rush it to market ahead of the release of all the Moto Droids on Verizon.

As a result there's always something wrong. What a pain in the ass the iP4 is.

So we went back to the 3GS for her.

I'm still living with my flaky 4, but have Android phones to use as primary devices.

My current favorite Android is my AT&T Inspire. It's the best of my Androids with the Droid X being second.

Good luck, with an iPhone you're going to need it.