Iphone 3gs or Iphone 4g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrRoyksopp, Aug 15, 2010.

1. MrRoyksopp macrumors regular

Hello.
    - I've been thinking about getting a Iphone.
    But since I've heard that the Iphone 4g has got some problems, I was wondering it if worth buying one, or should I just go for the 3gs?
    So do anyone know if the Iphone 4g is worth spending money on?

- Thanks! :apple:

2. toss002 macrumors regular

iPn 4, no like, return, get 3GS, no like, return, back to the beginning.

3. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

MrRoysopp: About 3 weeks ago, I got an iPhone 4 to replace my iPhone 3GS. After using the 4 for a while, I am convinced that it is better in everyway to the 3GS, with the exception of dropped calls. I live in an area where AT&T service is marginal and I had more dropped calls with the 4 than the 3GS. Yesterday, I returned the 4 and have dropped back to the 3GS. If the price was close to the same, I would pick the 4 over the 3GS every time, but for me the price wasn't the same. My 3GS is already paid off and keeping it instead of the 4 does not extend my AT&T contract. If it comed downi to buying the 4 or the 3GS, my advice is to go with the 4. The retinal display and cameras are worth the difference in price.

4. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, thanks alot for the advice. :)
    - I'll think about it.

5. kodek macrumors member

I got rid of my 3GS as soon as I got my iP4. The difference is incredible. This phone is much better than the 3GS in every way. The camera is great, the screen is AWESOME, and the battery life is the best I've seen in a smartphone yet.

I have not had any more dropped calls than I had with my 3GS, and all my dropped calls weren't drops but more like calls not connected (after dialing, it'd say "call failed" and I'd have to dial again). This doesn't happen often, but dropping a call in the middle of the conversation hasn't happened to me yet. I live in Southern California.

If all you want is a phone, then the 3GS is more than enough, but if you plan to use any of the smartphone features, then getting the iP4 is a no-brainer. Just compare the web-browsing experience in both and you'll notice right away why one is better than the other.

6. MrRoyksopp thread starter macrumors regular

Very good. Thanks for advice. :)

7. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If you haven't used an iPhone 4 yet, then a 3GS will be fine. Once you get used to the retina display, there's no going back.