iPhone 3GS or iPod 4th Generation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by IbanezBoy67, Feb 21, 2011.

1. IbanezBoy67 macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Right now, I have a 32gb 3rd generation iPod Touch. I'm looking to upgrade. My options are either a (most likely) used 16gb iPhone 3GS or a new 32gb iPod Touch 4th generation. Capacity isn't a biggie because 16 gigs is the most I need and the iPod doesn't come in 16gb anymore. The iPhone 4 is out of the question because I have to get an unlocked/no-contract phone and it's a bit pricey at the moment. Right now, I have a mediocre qwerty-keyboard phone and my iPod. Now, I am aware that the new iPod has a bunch of new features, but the only one that I really care about is the retina display. Is it really that much better than the iPhone 3GS' regular display? Because I would much rather prefer to carry around an iPhone than an iPod and a phone. And not to forget, the iPhone has a much better camera. What do you guys think? Also, monthly fees aren't a big deal because I've a found a good, inexpensive data plan to use. At the moment, I'm leaning towards the 3GS, but any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Yes.

3. IbanezBoy67 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

5. IbanezBoy67 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

I agree with you. Even though your name reveals that you may have somewhat of a bias..

7. IbanezBoy67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, I never noticed that... But either way, I think I'm gonna get an iPhone 3GS...

8. utneon macrumors regular

if you do have an ipod touch with 32 you should do 1 of these 2 options:

A. save more money for a few more months and get the iphone 4.
    B. wait for june for iphone 5/4upgraded then the iphone 4 gets priced down and you buy it.

hope it helps

iphone 3gs ins't worth it anymore because of the ios performance. also you don't have the most brilliant feature on iphone 4/ipod touch 4g. the retina display :) 960*640 is really incredible for web browsing

9. IbanezBoy67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aha, that's a good point, but that's why I'm getting a no-contract phone, just in case I see the need to upgrade later, which I probably will :D

10. cole01 macrumors 6502

The 3GS seems to be a good choice, I just picked one up for my mother-in-law during Christmas right before they introduced the new 49.00 pricing. :rolleyes:

iOS 4 runs plenty smooth and relatively fast. The screen kinda sucks after using a retina display so don't go near any current gen products :D

11. IbanezBoy67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I just got my 3GS today. :D