iphone 3GS Overheat

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CampbellGraham, Sep 5, 2011.

1. CampbellGraham macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
    I have had my iphone 3GS for 2 years with no problems, on Friday in my pocket it got overly warm and has now gone dead on me...can anyone help?
    Thanks
    Campbell:mad:

2. iG0tB00ts macrumors newbie

Just dead? If you could provide a few more details, once you plug in the charger does anything come on the screen? Also, hold down the power and home button for 15 seconds and see if anything comes.

3. CampbellGraham thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, tried all that, nothing and when I connect to charger I also get nothing.
    On Friday the phone got quite warm and then everything went blank as if out of charge, but does not respond when I plug in the charger.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Did you let it cool down? The iphone, like every other appliance, has a max operating temperature.

5. kizziaj macrumors newbie

iphone 3GS

I have had my 3GS in my car console for the last few months. I had to hold the sleep and home button in on it to reboot it and now when I plug it in to charge it either gets stuck on the apple screen or gives me the charge battery sign with the battery and the lightning bolt. Any suggestions on how to fix it?