Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FearNo1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
Your thoughts on this? I guess if you are in a state that has hot summers, no iphone 3gs for you? Link

rivan

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2009
Overheating 8G Last Years Phone with 3.0 S/W

The new software seems to use a lot more of the processor. Heat and battery life go together and I have found the phone is much hotter and battery life is much shorter since installing the new software.

I beleive the problem is the fact that applications can run simutaniously and that updates to certain applications, such as the NYT app are more frequent.

The problem seems especially pronounced when operating on the GPRS/Edge as opposed to the 3G network.

Has anyone else experienced this. One other user has said he also has seen the same thing on his iphone.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I beleive the problem is the fact that applications can run simutaniously and that updates to certain applications, such as the NYT app are more frequent.

You mean the very thing you people bitched about is the very thing causing this issue? Weird!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.