iPhone 3GS owners your opinion please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AeroUK, Jun 28, 2009.

1. AeroUK macrumors 6502

If I turn brightness to full and surf these forums over 3G I get 2 minutes to every 1% of my battery life.

Can you please confirm you are getting the same as I feel my battery life is terrible on my 3GS.

Aaron

2. Kyeris macrumors 6502

Push or no push? Just checked my friend's 3G S, without push on and browsing MR forums the battery drained a percent every two or three minutes (full brightness).

3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Sounds about right

You can get upto 5 hours internet on 3g

you are using 30% per hour

3h 20 mins you would get, disable a few things and turn down the brightness and you should be nearer the 5 hours

4. Que macrumors 6502

can't really confirm or not, there's no possible reason for me to have brightness on full for a start. secondly, as has already been said there are other factors that affect your battery....push etc.

i find the battery life of the 3gs is brilliant, if you use it for hours on end for browsing then it'll go flat. that's what batteries do.

5. Im4toyo macrumors newbie

OK, Here is my little test: Should help you all

Location Services ON
    Email PUSH ON~2 accounts
    Email Fetch 15MIN~4 accounts
    Brightness 60%

Watching Movies all day, Hit play and kept rewinding em. Here are the specs from 100% battery life to just hitting 1%.

Enjoy:

Attached Files:

6. Que macrumors 6502

nearly 9 hours of video and over 9 hours standby, how on earth could anybody complain about that?

7. Im4toyo macrumors newbie

Thank you! People need to stop complaining. This battery is great!

8. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

OP, not to be rude, but do you REALLY need the brightness to be at full? I mean, half brightness is plenty in any lighting condition, and for me, I actually keep it at a little bit below half.

I think the battery life is wonderful, I can pretty much have it off the charger for 2 full working days before it needs a charge, and even then, it's only at 25% or so. I usually get around 1 Day 6 hours on Standby, and about 5-6 hours Usage.