iPhone 3GS pics disappeared after trip abroad

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ac320, Jun 28, 2011.

1. ac320 macrumors newbie

Today I came back home from a week long trip to Rome/London. When I left London this morning, I looked through the various pics and video clips I had taken during the trip. When I went to look at them again upon arriving back home this afternoon, they were all gone, along with all my other pictures in iPhoto. When I go to settings it says there are no pictures on the iPhone. Am I just out of luck or is there some way to retrieve them? I have not synced the phone since being home and didn't sink it at all on the trip cause I didn't take a computer with me.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

It is quite difficult to bulk delete photos on iOS 4.x, was your device jailbroken?

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Good move not to sync yet. It may simply be an app glitch of some sort, and a sync could very well erase what you have on there.

Start with the basics: close everything in the switcher dock, then reopen Photos app (or the camera app you shot them with, if not the native one). Still not there: hard reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work, try downloading PhoneView (Mac) or TouchCopy(Windows)--I believe both have free trial versions that will allow you to at least see if the images are there (you'd have to pay for the full version to actually use those apps to copy the photos to your hard drive, I think). And neither will accidentally overwrite those photos with a sync, the way iTunes might.

If none of that works, consider calling Apple?

4. ac320 thread starter macrumors newbie

not jailbroken. and thanks for the tips-keep them coming if anyone else has any.