iPhone 3GS plagued by sound issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by E3BK, Jun 21, 2009.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Anyone else hearing this? I can hear it, though mine is lower than the 15khz mentioned here.

From BGR:

Are you enjoying your brand new iPhone 3G S? Did you get a 16GB or a 32GB? Well, that won’t matter if people are experiencing what we are. There seems to a problem with sound files on the 3G S and the result after they’re triggered. After they are done playing — like the unlock sound, SMS sound, for instance — the iPhone emits a high-frequency tone. No, we’re not kidding. Something pretty high around 15KHz. We’ve confirmed this isn’t a local isolated issue with our phone, and since some people can’t hear these types of high-pitched tones, your iPhone might produce it yet you’d never notice.

We’re 99% sure it’s software related because if you set the phone to vibrate, big surprise, no high-pitched tone. So, anyone out there experiencing this? It’s amazing this was skipped over in the many reviews published, but oh well. Hopefully Apple fixes it soon because this is kind of painful and pretty outrageous.

2. camarobh macrumors 6502

"iPhone 3GS plagued by sound issues"

C'mon. I don't have the described issue, some others may, and if they do, I am sure it will be corrected via a future software update. But "plagued", I don't think so.

3. starstudded macrumors newbie

Yes, too much exaggeration. People who have the problem tend to want to make it a big issue so that they want to think they are not alone with the problem.

4. c0052350 macrumors member

its definitely there

i can hear it lasts about 3-4 secs high pitch but quiet a non issue for me