Iphone 3GS post-unlock update failure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimbojones, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jimbojones macrumors newbie

Hello forum,

I am currently living in Spain, so in order to use my Iphone out here I got it unlocked so that I could use a Spanish SIM.

It was all going fine until I tried to update the phone with the new software Itunes suggested I download to my phone.

It has now set my phone to recovery mode, and every time I try and restore it it gives me the error code 1015, which I guess is apple's way of telling me, "we know what you did, and now we won't let you have your phone back."

So I have a phone desperate to be plugged into Itunes, but Itunes is rejecting it. Is there any way I can remove the unlock/jailbreak? Or is my phone well and truly *********?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Did you do the iPad baseband update trick? Because when you do that you can no longer update the phone (doing the same thing on my 3GS). MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team has confirmed that downgrading the baseband is indeed possible. However I don't think a method has been released yet (or at least I haven't found one).

Unfortunately I do not have any advice as to a solution to the problem, but I think this is your cause.

http://jaxov.com/2011/04/downgrade-ipad-baseband-06-15-00-to-05-13-04-baseband-possible-confirmed/