iPhone 3Gs prep for sale

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by youssefm, Sep 7, 2010.

1. youssefm macrumors 6502

I have a jailbroken and unlocked iPhone 3Gs on 3.1.3 that is jailbroken and unlocked, but I want to sell it to someone, but I have a few questions.

If I restore the phone from iTunes, will it restore to 3.1.3 or will it upgrade it to 4.0.2?

What would be the best way to go around removing all my info from the phone, while keeping the jailbreak + unlock?

Thanks for all the help!

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Restore to 3.1.3 (hope you have your SHSH blobs) and then re-jb and re-unlock.

3. youssefm thread starter macrumors 6502

How do I know whether or not I have the SHSH blobs??
    So if I restore, it restores automatically to 3.1.3, right?

Also, if I restore, will it ask me to activate the phone using my at&t sim? After it activates, and I unlock and jailbreak, and remove my sim and lets say change to a blackberry, will the person who purchases my phone (they have a tmobile sim) have any problems?

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you click the restore button in iTunes, it will restore the phone to the newest available OS (4.0.2) If you want to keep the current OS, you must do a manual restore by holding down the Option Key and Pressing Restore (Mac, I'm not sure what keys you press on Windows), and also have the 3.1.3 handy somewhere on your desktop or whatever file you want.

if you need the 3.1.3 OS, you can download them from the website iClarified and search in tutorials.

5. youssefm thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm guessing it would just be easier to remove all my apps, delete my contacts, accounts, etc. than to go through that whole process, right?

Anything else I should worry about if I do go this route?

6. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

I believe iTunes would automatically do that when you go to restore anyway.

7. youssefm thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes but I am afraid to restore due to activating the sim, losing my jailbreak, etc. And having to do the whole SHSH blobs thing seems like a long process.