Iphone 3GS problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MrSubC, Apr 20, 2011.

1. MrSubC macrumors newbie

I upgraded my 4.1 iPhone 3GS to 4.3.2 and then used redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 to unlock it (upgrading BB to 06.15). I thought process went smoothly after following the detailed instructions. Now the iPhone has the connect to iTunes logo and will not do anything else. I tried a hard reboot (holding down power and home buttons) which didn't help. Tried to Option-Restore (several times) where towards the end of the process, I get a 1015 error.

What else can I do just to get this phone back to working order?

2. msjones, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011

msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

Have you used an application called tinyumbrella? If so this program makes an entry in your /etc/hosts files redirecting the apple servers which help complete the upgrade. I am not sure if any other apps also make this change to the hosts file.

I have written a small script that will do this for you. If you want it let me know and I will post the link.

If you want to do it manually look for a line like this in your /etc/hosts file:

and either remove it or put a # sign infront of it.

Here is the link about the 1015 error.

3. MrSubC thread starter macrumors newbie

reply to #2

I haven't used tinyumbrella before. If you meant /etc/hosts on the iPhone itself, I couldn't access that since the phone is inoperable at the moment (with connect to iTunes logo on screen).

I would appreciate it if you could provide me with more details as to how else I could mod the /etc/hosts file.

4. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

Apologies, I meant the /etc/hosts file on your mac.

To check to see if the line I posted above is present in your hosts file, open up the terminal application (found in your utilities folder), and enter the following command:

Code:
    cat /etc/hosts
    This will then display the contents of your hosts file. Have a look to see if you can spot anything related to gs.apple.com.

5. MrSubC thread starter macrumors newbie

Appreciate it.

Thanks again. Just realized you had it laid out in your reply. Will give it a try when I get home this aft. I decided not to bring my MBP to work today.

6. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

No worries, good luck let me now how you get on.