iphone 3gs problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sandon79, Sep 26, 2011.

1. sandon79 macrumors newbie

i have not dropped it in water or on the ground. i was at work listening to music through headphones when suddenly my volume went all the way up and wouldn't let me use the buttons on the side to drop it down. later, when i had time to mess with it, i realized that none of the buttons are working now. the volume, the switch to silent and the power button are not working. and the headphones stopped working so i can only listen to music now through the speaker. anyone have this problem and got it fixed? i am hoping there is a solution besides get a new iphone.

2. JunkyDog macrumors 6502

is it jailbroken or do you use orginal soft on it, if the first, try restart the iphone, and see if that helps, if not, try backup whatever you have on the iphone with iphone explorer (link can be found in this forum) then restore it, but its a longshot tho if it is jailbroken..

JunkyDog

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Try to reboot the phone to see if fixes the problem. Hold the power & home button at the same time for about 10 - 15 seconds. Let it goes and then turn it back on normally.