IPhone 3GS problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ninety5eclipz, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ninety5eclipz macrumors member

Purchases a very cheap 3GS from ebay. Was listed as unlocked but also needed a new logic board because the device would not turn on. I took my chances and bought it. I charged it a bit put it into dfu mode and itunes recognized it and reinstalled 6.1.3 with no problems. Went to set up and will not activate. I tried an old att sim and also a t mobile sim. I was able to pull the imei number and on iphoneimeiinfo dot com it says the phone is locked. I'm also seeing that the iccid number says unknown. Any ideas? One last thing. After restore when I plug into iTunes it starts reading that the phone is attached and has a little spiny wheel then itunes crashes. It never gets to the point where I can view the iphone info.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You took a chance and sounds like you wasted your time and money.

3. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Haha... the IMEI is registered in the logic board. Ergo, the old logic board wasn't unlocked.

4. ninety5eclipz thread starter macrumors member

Wouldn't say I wasted my money. I paid 2.50 with free shipping. I do this as a hobby and canibalize broken phones to build new ones. The case is brand new, the screen and digitizer are flawless and the battery holds a good charge. and the other parts can be used as well.

----------

There is no old logic board. It's the same board.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced