iPhone 3GS produced after July

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Allegator, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Allegator macrumors newbie

Would it be correct to say that iPhones with serial numbers whose 3rd, 4th, and 5th numbers are greater than about "130" are not able to be unlocked because of issues with the iPad baseband?

Does anyone know if there are any developers working on making a way to unlock these iPhones or will they forever be left in limbo?

If these newer 3GS's are able to be unlocked, can someone point me in the right direction.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing can unlock it at the moment.
    Noone knows if or when there will be something in the future.
    At the moment you're stuck with no unlock. Sell it and get an unlocked iphone.

3. Allegator thread starter macrumors newbie

In your opinion, will the community who works on methods of unlocking iPhones bother working on a way to unlock this particular group of iPhones?

Thanks

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt they will keep working on a 3GS unlock. But you never know.

5. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Even tho I have had a 4, and now have a 4S, I think that not working on solutions for the 3Gs would not be all that smart, ATM anyway. AppleJuiced, you are right, but I think the powers that be should consider that there are more than likely more iPhone 3Gs out there than 4 or 4S, probably even combined. The 3Gs has been selling for longer than ANY current apple hardware without change, at least major change. Maybe the bootloader but that's it. So I'd say something like the original iPhone or the 3G is pointless but I still see some point In the 3Gs development. Even tho mine is probably from the first week of release, and the battery will literally hold a charge for 10 min(literally, that's it. Replacement batt OTW). It wouldn't hurt considering the popularity of the 3Gs. I think it's amazing how well it runs ios 5. The
    Only difference between it and the 4 are really a beefed up clock speed, and the retina(FFC, back camera, ok a lot) but hardware isn't as big of a jump as 4>4S.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    I hope they dont abandone it completelly and still come out with an ipad bb solution.
    It would be nice for all those people that upgraded to it to be able to roll it back.