iPhone 3GS questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Filmjunkie, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Filmjunkie macrumors newbie

I text to see what would happen after I called at&t to check on my eligibility. The first call placed, the Rep said that i wasnt eligible. I bought my phone 3 days after launch and average $90-100 per bill. I explained the new press release and she said that she read it and that she checked my account and I was still eligible only in Dec for the upgrade. I told her I was going to call back and speak to someone else. She said "They will tell you the same thing...".

I called back and spoke to another rep. She said "We just got something in today the want us to read..." she went over something then said "Yes you do qualify for the upgrade".... You could imagine how pissed/estactic at the same time. The first rep didnt even read the release and said that I wasn't eligible. Do your damn job.... The 2nd rep said that she wrote a note on my account that I am eligible and I can upgrade tomorrow morning to my 32GB Black iPhone 3GS for $299 and if there are any problems to check tell the apple worker to check the notes she had written.

After all that I come on here and see call this *639# so I tried to see what it would say. It said I wasnt eligible and that I would be in December! Is this just because they havent updated it or what? The rep said I was eligible...

Also when I go tomorrow is $299 all that im paying or will I have to pay for an extended contract also? Or am I just paying for the phone and they will just be activating it?

2. levpa05 macrumors member

Price

From what I have heard and read, AT&T extended the offering to those that within the next 3 months would be eligable. If your eligability fell beyond 3 months from now, you would get the early upgrade price (299 + 200).

3. Filmjunkie thread starter macrumors newbie

so if you are eligible for an upgrade you have to pay$199/$299 + $200 eventhough you're just upgrading to the new phone? My contract isn't up but im eligible for the upgrade to the 3GS. I thought that the phone is all that is being bought tomorrow?

4. chattermark macrumors member

I think that it is going to be updated tomorrow morning around 8 am. They have to update the system.