iPhone 3GS ram issues.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gnarly, Jul 15, 2012.

1. gnarly macrumors newbie

I have 2 iPhone 3GS's and both of them are 32GB and are jailbroken and unlocked on 5.1.1 on the T-Mobile network BB: 6.15.00. Both of them have the exact same cydia apps/tweaks. Also both of them have the old bootrom. But for some reason one of them has very low ram. On one of them the highest it goes up to is around 125MB and on the other is around 50MB. I even tried deleting some daemons for the iPhone with less ram and deleting them has made no effect at all. Does anyone know how I can increase the ram?

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Attached Files:

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wow amazing site I just removed all my physical ramm because I just downladed it.. Sweet!!!! :rolleyes:

4. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

5. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

All jokes aside... there's no real way to increase the ram. I'm betting the next iPhone to have at least 1GB of Ram~

I've never owned a jailbroken iPhone, but is there some sort of task manager on Cydia? On Android I use a task manager to kill apps in-order to free up ram usage.. is there something similar for Jailbroken iPhones?

6. gnarly thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed the issue.
    I restored the slower iPhone completely without resorting a backup and set it up as a new iPhone. This fixed all of the lag issues.
    Both iPhones now get around 125MBs of ram max.

7. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

If you double tap the Home button, you can hold the apps to close them in the dock.

8. goosnarrggh macrumors 68000

Trouble is, it's difficult to tell which of those apps are actually using background services to multitask (and thus are actually consuming RAM which you might be able to free up) and which of them are simply suspended (and thus their state has been saved in Flash storage and they impose no measurable amount of RAM consumption).