iPhone iPhone 3GS randomly losing signal

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wickedking94, Jul 4, 2012.

1. wickedking94 macrumors 6502

Okay so heres what I've done so far:

JailBroke my iPhone using RedSn0w 0.9.14b1 for Mac
    Installed the iPad Baseband 06.15.00
    Installed ultrasn0w 1.2.7 to unlock my phone

Now what happens is my phone will have 5 bars for a few minutes then it will lose all the bars then go through a "searching" and "no signal" cycle for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour, then I get the signal back.

I've tried re-loading the baseband and re-jail breaking and restarting and turning airplane mode on and off, nothing seems to have worked.

Nothing on any other forums has been helpful.

Heres all the vital information:
    iPhone 3GS 16GB
    It was on Rogers, but now its on Koodo
    it was made before the 2011 baseband chip switch so its not an ipad baseband glitch.

Note: I disabled location services when I began writing this and my phone hasn't lost signal in 10 minutes so that might be it, but I read in another forum that they fixed the location services problem. Suggestions? because I would like to use location stuff over wi-fi even if my GPS is messed from the iPad baseband.

Thanks

2. wickedking94 thread starter macrumors 6502

In regards to my initial post, turning off location services did NOT fix the problem.

3. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

Right off the bat, redsn0w doesn't work with 3GS and Location Services unless you're hacktivated. You should turn 3G off and see what happens. I know that's an issue with T-Mobile sometimes.

4. wickedking94 thread starter macrumors 6502

So because I didn't hacktivate that could be causing this issue?

5. waynef89 macrumors member

Have you tried downgrading the baseband using red snow

6. LandonDonovan macrumors regular

Yea, you should restore in iTunes, run redsn0w prior to activation and choose Install Cydia and downgrade from iPad baseband. Then you should install ultrasn0w and retest.