iPhone 3GS ready for pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gdigger, Jun 18, 2009.

1. gdigger macrumors newbie

Just received a call from att that my iphone has arrived and is ready for pick up from tomorrow 7am...also received the confirmation email

Attached Files:

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

that's weird that they made the subject "Your iPhone is here!!!!"

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Not Best Buy they said UPS will not deliver them until 12:00 PM, what a crock of SH@t. The only thing I can think of is that Apple has made some sort of agreement that only the Apple and AT&T stores get them early on.

What they should do is ship them out to all the stores earlier, say like tonight, so that when Best Buy opens at 10:00 AM tomorrow they are ready, I am getting annoyed with this whole phone debacle, it is really getting irritating.:eek::eek::eek:

4. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Yeah my Best Buy just called me and told me the same thing, smh.

5. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well AT&T and Apple are the major players in this thing. Best Buy is a reseller. So they will have to wait for the UPS man to show up.

6. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

For those who preordered from AT&T and were panicing about whether it would ship on time or not...I just looked mine up...

Attached Files:

7. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I didn't want to make another new thread about this, so I thought I would post it here.

I have not pre-ordered my 3GS nor have I paid for it online at apple.com. Assuming I can sell my 3G tonight on Craigslist, I am wanting to just walk into a store and buy a 32GB tomorrow. What is the likely hood of this happening and where would be the best place for me to go?

8. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

under my att status resuts it says "freight" under description, status
    "in progress" ship date 6/18

it said the type of iPhone yesterday under desciption

9. sootie macrumors member

yea the same for me

it had the iphone 16gb whte

various sim and then freight :confused:

but now it says freight and carrier FDE while others say FEDEX

10. imprezu macrumors member

imprezu

I guess AT&T doesn't send out emails to people that preordered instore.

11. gdigger thread starter macrumors newbie

i pre-ordered mine at the att store, not online...

12. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

How did you get it shipped to ATT store? I was told ATT will only ship to home/billing address. Perhaps you pre-ordered at the store and not online?

13. gdigger thread starter macrumors newbie

thats exactly what i said/did, i pre-ordered it at the att store and got it shipped to the store, but got the call and confirmation email saying that my iphone is there already

14. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

For the record it's not a de axle until you don't get your phone when you were told you would get it. Best buy selling them at 12 was the way it was always going to be.

15. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

mine is ready for pick up as well!!!!

16. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    my AT&T store in MN is really ****ing me off! according to the tracking number, It was shipped to the store at 10:03 this AM, I called this afternoon because I have yet to receive my e-mail, and they said that I should call back in before closing if I have not got it by then. 2 minutes before closing, I call again (per their instructions) and get told by the manager that he would take my name and number and get back in touch with me in 10 minutes tops, that was an hour and a half ago, and still no word...

this is just one of many issues I have had with this store within the past 2 weeks. unfriendly and down right rude, last time I deal with this store. I am still planning on being their early in the morning and hoping my phone is their, if not, I am going to go nuclear on the Manager:mad:

17. Roller macrumors 68020

If it was shipped to the store, it's probably there. Mine was also shipped to the store that I pre-ordered it from. I never got a notification email, but when I called they said it was there and waiting. Store personnel are showing up at 6:30 to prepare for a 7 AM opening. When you go there tomorrow, you might want to bring a copy of the delivery notice.

18. BassetCase macrumors member

My phone arrived at my AT&T store at 12:45pm today. I never got a phone call or email. I am still going to show up early with my receipt. I am also going to print out a copy of the tracking info and bring it with me incase they try telling me they don't have it yet. My guess is though that they just got busy and didn't call anyone.

19. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

Mine has been sitting at UPS in Honolulu since 6:40 AM. It is listed as On TIME with a scheduled delivery (to Kauai) of TOMORROW! I have no idea if AT&T screwed up by not asking for delivery to the store today or whether UPS messed it up.

IT IS possible that UPS sends its stuff here in the middle of the night but I do not see how the store could have it by the promised 7AM. I will not bother going to the store until I get a delivery confirmation.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

At least I am sure I will get it sometime tomorrow.

20. jboggis macrumors newbie

I've been less then impressed with my local store as well, had to tell them they were supposed to open at 7, they didnt seem to be aware of it.

I never got an email saying it was ready either...I'm bringing:

1) receipt from purchase
    2) phone bill from verizon (swithcing over to at+t)
    3) email stating my order went through
    4) tracking status email, with shipped and tracking number from at+t
    5) complete ups tracking, with delivery date/time/location of it hitting the store
    6) urine sample

I think that should cover it.

21. dagomike macrumors 65816

When you go to pick up, print out your order status page with your tracking number. I'm sure it's there, but if there's a question you can track it to the store.