Iphone 3GS recognised in iTune, but not charging

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by olayie, Apr 16, 2011.

1. olayie macrumors newbie

I'm stuck....
    one month ago, I got a message on my 3gs "this accessory is not optimised" while there's nothing plugged in...

two weeks ago, I put my iphone on wall charger over night, but found it not charging at all in the morning "Charging is not support with this accessory" while I used the original iphone wall charger. I managed to save a few things on iTune before the last bit of battery run out, ie iTune did recognise it, but just not charging. It worked perfectly fine until the phone switched itself off when there's no power left.

I then cleaned the usb port and the earphone plug, left it in rice, reboot my macbook while iphone's plugged in etc, but nothing worked! I then took it to our local mobile repairers. They changed the usb port and battery etc, but couldn't find what's wrong with it! I then had to drive one hour to our nearest apple store, but the Genius said as non-apple authorised person had a go at it, then they can't repair it. He told me he thought its a water damage, although the water sensors are not flagged up, none had I soaked it in any liquid. But I did take it into bathroom while I had my shower the day before it died (just once in its whole life).

Now I have a high-tech brick, that doesn't do anything....

Help please!!!

2. olayie thread starter macrumors newbie

3. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

4. olayie thread starter macrumors newbie

Will it work if I take the battery out and charge it directly with a USB cable's red and black wire, ie without charger? It's bricked anyway....