iPhone 3GS refurbished replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by teenwith3i, Aug 15, 2010.

1. teenwith3i macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3GS was new in box late April. I had problems with my speaker being muffled and took it into the apple store for help. They replaced my iPhone on the spot, with a refurbished unit that has light leaks, a sunken screen on the right side, and overall unsatisfactory quality for a device that I had brand new a few months back. The new in box 3GS i got in April was actually a new in box replacement for a refurbished phone that replaced my original that was purchased about a year ago, but because my warranty was supposed to expire this month but expired months short due to someone else's information being tied to one of my previous iphone replacements. So they sent me a brand new 3GS. I don't want to continue having problems with refurbished phones like i have in the past, and Apple doesn't make the 32GB 3GS anymore so what should I do?

2. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

3. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

If your replacement isn't up to snuff, take it to an Apple store genius and have them replace the unit again.

4. teenwith3i thread starter macrumors newbie

Light leaks and sunken screen, two problems i didn't have before i exchanged my iPhone because of a muffled speaker. I exchanged an iPhone with problems for a refurbished one with problems.

5. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I see. Your best bet is Apple then. Explain it was in warranty when they replaced it etc.

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

So basically, this is your fourth iPhone 3GS and now you want a fifth, after your original warranty has expired both by your count AND Apple's. Oh, and you want the replacement to be new.

Not sure I really need to say anything else about that...

Not much you CAN do. If Apple only has refurbs on-hand, then that's what you're going to get. Assuming they bend over backwards for you again and replace it.

The only thing I recommend is that you check any replacement you get in-store to make sure it's to your liking before you leave.