iPhone 3GS rejailbreak problems!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by insls, Apr 12, 2010.

1. insls macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS and for two days now, it will all of a sudden lose service and then restart which of course means rejailbreaking it.

The first time this happened I had to try about four times before I successfully re-jailbroke it with blackra1n but the second day this happened (yesterday) I was not able to re-jailbreak no matter how many times I tried (which was probably 15-20 times) because the phone keeps on rebooting, even in the midst of recovery mode. It goes through the jailbreak and then after the GeoHot screen, restarts with the apple logo and returns to the recovery mode screen.

I have had the phone since Feb and have never had problems jailbreaking it (which I've only had to do 2-3 times). If I Restore the phone it will update the software and I won't be able to use it (I need it unlocked because I am using it abroad). HELP!!!!!!!

Thanks!

2. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Is your SHSH on file with cydia? If so you can just restore to 3.1.2 (download here) and then use blackra1n again.

3. mreddys10 macrumors regular

After you do the restore, install blacksn0w RC2 from this repo: cydia.pushfix.info

The original blacksn0w that comes with blackra1n has a bug that causes all the problems that you are describing.

4. insls thread starter macrumors newbie

for some reason even after i download it still requires updating to 3.1.3 when open the program.

maybe my SHSH isn't on file with cyida (admittedly i have no idea what that means . . .)

thanks!