iPhone 3GS replaced, SHSH BLobs for iOS 4.3b1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlphaDogg, Feb 21, 2011.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I just got my iPhone 3GS 8GB replaced at the Apple store. I immediately jailbroke when I got home. I noticed that cydia reports that there are SHSH blobs stored for iOS 4.2.1 and 4.3b1. Does that mean that the person who previously had this phone (assuming it is a refurb) was a dev who got iOS 4.3b1 on it and then jailbroke? Screenshot to follow, sorry I am syncing apps to my iPhone.

2. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Here's proof. It is running 4.2.1, not 4.3b1. I had my previous iPhone 3G S on 4.2.1, never on 4.3b1...

[​IMG]

Edit: Could this be a feature of Greenpois0n rc6?

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, it just means the previous owner started saving it's shsh blobs.
    Nothing to do with GP or any jb tool.

4. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Apple replaced that iPhone because of issues with the SIM card and display. So now on this iPhone, it has SHSH blobs stored for 4.1 and 4.2.1 according to TinyUmbrella. According to Cydia, "My device has a pending TSS request."

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Saving hashes has nothing to do with the firmware version installed on the phone, only with those firmware versions Apple is signing.

And once you instruct Cydia to begin saving hashes, it auto saves the hashes for all subsequent firmware versions.

Although I must say, I've not seen another iDevice with 4.3b1 hashes, only 4.3b2 and 4.3b3 hashes.

6. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

So 4.3b1 SHSH blobs are uncommon? Does this prove that it is a refurbished iPhone, and the previous owner was a developer who had access to 4.3b1 who is also a jailbreaker?