iPhone 3GS replacement digilizer acting up.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AWallen90, May 5, 2011.

1. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 3GS 16GB nearing 2 years old I bought it from a cousin and the front glass was completely destroyed. I bought the cheapest digilizer I could find from amazon for 7.50 shipped. I have been using the phone for about 3 months now with the replacement digilizer.

Here's the problem:

For about the first day or so the touch digilizer would randomly not work, all it would take to get it working, hit the lock button, then hit home or lock again and it would work. As I said that was for a couple days. for the past nearly 3 months then it was working perfectly. Now the past couple days it happens multiple times per day, again hit the lock button a couple times and it is working again.

The other issue is the silent switch is extremely touchy I have sent my cousin a message asking if it has been doing that for a while or if I messed it up while replacing the digilizer. I will update when he responds.

My questions:

Is the digilizer going out? Should I replace? What is a good replacement?

Also should I replace the cable that is attached to the silent switch? What is a good replacement for that?

2. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I got mine off ebay for $25 and it worked great. Maybe check the cables and see if they are lose?