iPhone 3GS Restarting Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by obsoletetheory, Sep 18, 2009.

1. obsoletetheory macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I just bought an iPhone 3GS. So far there are no issues when I'm using it. But however just now when I restart the phone, the screen shows low battery with a thunderbolt sign. Before restarting, the battery was full and the phone was running normally. Has anyone here encounter this? It will be great to hear advise from you guys. Thanks!

2. JoshVB macrumors regular

I guess my first question to you would be, is it jailbroke? I had an issue a few times on my old iPhone 3G where the battery indicator wouldn't update. It would show full forever and then just go dead. Maybe you have experienced the same issue. How long had you used it and how much standby time did you have before it went dead?

My iPhone 3G was not jailbroken.

JVB

3. obsoletetheory thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone has not been jailbroken. The phone didn't go dead. It's a problem of switching on and off the phone. The phone was having 79% battery and I tried to restart the phone after removing some apps. Soon after restart, I couldn't turn the phone back on. I held on to the power button and it displays the low battery sign. However when connected to a power supply, the phone switched on by itself and the battery was back to 79%.

4. JoshVB macrumors regular

Okay, if it's doing it all the time I'd exchange it for a different one if you just got it. Others on the boards might suggest that you reload the phone using DFU mode - that's something that you could also try.

JVB