iphone 3gs restore help required

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by j4l, Apr 28, 2012.

1. j4l macrumors member

Hi All,

In need of help here, basically i've got a 3gs thats came through to me. I have no history of the phone other than that I know it has been jailbroken, thats all the info i was given.

Anyways, the previous owner did a restore and now its stuck on activation screen & doesn't go anywhere further than that.

I've checked tiny umbrella for any saved SHSH, but unfortunately there isn't! When i tried a stock restore it returned a error 1. So therefore, i created a custom 5.1 firmware using snowbreeze to preserve Baseband & entered DFU mode, held shift + restore in itunes - its completed the restore process but again stuck on activation even though the original carier sim is inserted.

Is there anything i'm doing incorrect or missing?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

2. j4l thread starter macrumors member

I've managed to get the iphone restored using snowbreeze to create a 'hacktivated' custom 5.1 firmware.

Now the problem is that, the wifi address, bluetooth & modem firmware in the settings are blank & also the network is searching?!

any suggestions?

seems like the iphone is buggered!!!

3. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sounds like someone flashed a newer 3GS with iPad baseband
    Reply with first 5 characters of serial number

4. j4l thread starter macrumors member

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Your baseband would not be harmed by iPad baseband, so it is some other issue

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Restore it to 4.1 official firmware, hactivate it with redsn0w and check and report back.

7. b0bab0i macrumors regular

He probably had iPad BB installed and tried to do a normal restore.

8. j4l thread starter macrumors member

So i use official 4.1 firmware to cook a custom 4.1 in snowbreeze? Or do i do a Official 4.1 restore in itunes?

9. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just use the official 4.1 firmware with Itunes. It will go through since Apple still signs this firmware.

Last time I restore, it went all the way to activation screen. If for some reason, you get 1015, use Tiny umbrella to exit recovery and it will boot up to activation screen.

10. j4l, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

j4l thread starter macrumors member

I've restored the iphone to official 4.1 firmware - restore completed but returned error 1002 - and it goes to the emergency call screen, in recovery mode. I've kicked it out of recovery using tiny umbrella but with no success to kick it out. goes back to emergency call screen.

i've checked error on the 'iphone wiki' website - but just shows the defination for error 1002 as error when restoring.

the following link is the update log from itunes:
    http://pastebin.com/8z7wC4QY

I've also ran the 'F0recast' tool, it shows the baseband as 05.14.02 so it doesn't have ipad bb! bootloader is 6.4 m3S2

Any suggestions?