iPhone 3gs restore to 3.1.2 from jailbroken 3.1.2 help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by duffsrp, Mar 29, 2010.

1. duffsrp macrumors member

I need to take my phone it to get looked at by Apple. It looks like I have some dead pixels. I've got it running 3.1.2 jailbroken. I want to try to preserve my JB options so I only want to restore to 3.1.2. I have the actual firmware and do the option+ restore and point it to the actual 3.1.2 file. It contacts apple and then I get a message that I can't restore because the "device isn't eligible for the requested build" I've even put it in the DFU to try to get it to work. Should I even worry about it or go to 3.1.3? I do want to JB my phone in the future if I don't get a replacement.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Once you restore to official Apple firmware, you can't re-JB anyway.

If it were me, assuming your warranty doesn't expire soon, I would wait until JB tools are updated. Then you can possibly restore, go to Genius Bar and re-JB later.

3. duffsrp thread starter macrumors member

dhlizard, I think you can rejailbreak using redsnow. I can't stand looking at this thing on my screen or I wouldn't do anything about it. Do you think they'll even notice the JB if I take it in?

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

IF you can restore to 3.1.2, I guess you could re-JB with Redsn0w.

Jailbreaking can void your warranty, why would you chance it. If the Genius sees it's jailbroken, he/she may not replace the phone.

5. duffsrp thread starter macrumors member

Yeah I hear you. I think I figured it out. I read how to down grade to 3.x on iclairify. I'm just shy to do it. But if I get a new phone I might have a 3.1.3 so I may be sitting out the jailbreak anyway. Bummed this thing showed up on my phone. Thanks for the advice and warning. Great to have the community as a sounding board.

6. twarner776 macrumors member

What was the outcome. I'm in a similar boat but not warranty work needed. I just cant get wifi to work so I wanted to reload. I have 3.1.2 JB and want to go back to standard 3.1.2 and start over. when I use itunes I get the not eligible for the requested build. Please help

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

That's the big issue with 3GS, restoring to official Apple 3.1.2.

8. duffsrp thread starter macrumors member

I guess it was debris in the screen so the apple store swapped screens in 5 minutes. But I installed stock 3.1.2 to go to the apple store to get it looked at. I probably should have gone back to 3.1.1 right?
    I haven't redsnowed it yet. Will probably do it tonight. Will let you know how that goes. Although I have hashes stored at cydia. Does that mean I can go back to old base band?