iphone 3gs return policy within 8 days? without a reason ( a good scenario )

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emout5, Mar 28, 2010.

1. emout5 macrumors newbie

Hi,

The stupid (noob) story of me. (you can pass this stupid story)

Yesterday i bought a iphone 3gs with the 3.1.2 firmware. I tried to jailbreak it but something went wrong and it didn't restart after jailbrake. It was powered off. I read some articles and i understand that it was in restore mode. So i had to restore it it make it working. Then i restored it from itunes. Now IT is 3.1.3...
    I read lots of things.
    Now i know that it is impossible to jailbreak 3.1.3.

The point.
    Now this is the 3rd day. And i want to return my iphone to the shop and get a new one or return my money. On the paper it says that if there is something wrong with the phone you can return it in 8 days.

The problem.
    The problem is i dont know how to act to those guys in the shop to return the iphone. Because officially i cant say that i cant jailbreak this 3.1.3 version hahaha.

The possible acts :))) (hacking the phone shop haha)
    - "i am not happy with iphone ???? give my money back mtf"
    - "i want the white one now haha. please give me the white one."
    - First i will break a pin inside the usb cable tip (i can buy a new one...). Then i will say that there is a problem with the usb cable and i want a new 3gs without a defact.

If you have any suggestions or a good story about this situation please help me. Now i will wait for 5 days to build a good scenario to give my phone back.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Any of the first two seem acceptable to me.

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm not sure where you are located, but in the US we have 30 days to return it, no reason needed.

4. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I returned a 3Gs because I was completely unimpressed with it. I told them it was signal problems and they were fine with that. I'm in the UK though (and I did actually have some less than excellent signal experiences)

You may well get another 3GS with 3.1.3 though. I'd probably just wait and see if someone works out a way to jailbreak the 3.1.3 rather than do a return.

5. emout5 thread starter macrumors newbie

The fact is i am a student in Netherlands and i dont really know how they respond to situations like this. But i bought it from TMOBILE. And on the paper they give me it says: "ruilen met bon in originele verpakking binnen 8 dagen bij defect" as google translate says it means : if there is a defect you can return it in 8 days.

So my plan is to try different scenarios on different shops here...
    But i think they will return it because it is tmobile and they should be using the same kind of policies like UK. I will report everything to the forum. It will be a good troubleshooting for the Netherlands i think.

Waiting 3.1.3 jailbreak is really suspicious because dev-team is very negative with this firmware update but they are working on it... You can control it from http://blog.iphone-dev.org/.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You probably had a tethered jb so instead of a restore you should have ran blackrain again to boot up the iPhone.

8. emout5 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes... Thats why i am calling it my noob story. I learned blackrain after i restored it.

9. emout5 thread starter macrumors newbie

happy:)
    i just said that there was a scratch at the back of the phone when i opened it and they gave me a new one with 3.1.2 and it is jailbroken now...

10. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

My friends 3.1.3 is Jailbroken. Since when can this not be done?

11. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Since forever, or when they released 3.1.3. If he was on a pwned 3.1.2, it is possible to shift+restore to a pwned 3.1.3 (I'm on one, too).

If it is a 3GS on a stock 3.1.3, it is currently unjailbreakable. If it is a 3G, it is able to be downgraded then jailbroken

12. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Not sure - I just know it's a 3.1.3 and he jailbroke it.

Attached Files:

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Is it a 3GS or 3G model?
    You cant JB a 3GS on stock 3.1.3
    You have to JB it on 3.1.2 and then update to custom JB 3.1.3 firmware.