iPhone 3GS returns under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Jamie0003, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Jamie0003 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 3GS has been fine up to this point except a couple months ago the mic became defective. I took it to the genius bar and they swapped it out for me (under warranty till October).

However the replacement unit they gave me had signal problems; so I got it replaced again. Now on my 3rd 3gs and this one has a dead pixel.

I am very dissapointed At apple for giving me apparently faulty iPhone replacements, will it be possible for me to get a full refund?

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Surely a replacement is equivalent to a "full refund"?

'Fraid you'll have to return to Apple once more (For one dead pixel?! :eek:)

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

When at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

"Full refund"? Bwahahahahhaa!

4. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok fair enough one dead pixel isn't the end of the world, but when I pay £400+ for a phone I expect it to be flawless... And it's really annoying to have to keep going to apple for replacements, it should work perfectly out of the box...

I'm also reaching the end of my warranty soon, what if the replacement iPhone develops another hardware issue after my warrenty has expired?

Besides, I have found out it also has a faulty battery (seems to run out twice as fast as my previous iPhones)

5. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

No such thing as a flawless phone, no such thing as a flawless anything, seems like someone's standards are too high. Buy Applecare? and just go back in and replace the phone, and if it really tickles you pink go to a different Apple Store.

6. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm talking about flawless in terms of hardware issues, it shouldn't happen especially with replacement units

7. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

well you wont get and dont deserve a full refund!

but, you do deserve to have your phone fixed or replaced. but if you you are concerned on your warranty running out then you need to buy the apple care program. that will extend your warranty for another year for $69 usd.

8. Jamie0003 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why should I have to pay for apple's mistakes? Iv'e never had problems with any other apple products i own

9. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

where did I say you have to pay for their mistakes?? I just said you dont deserve a refund. you have been using that phone for almost 1 year. it should be fixed under warranty but you also have the option of extending that warranty if that is a concern...