Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xyzmax

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
Hey all,

Does anyone know if its possible to have reverse twitter on iphone? What I mean is that if I dont have wifi/data plan on iphone, I want internet access for my iphone. I can plug it into my computer with internet access and allow my iphone to get the same connection. :cool:

Is it even possible or am I just making up stuffs??? Thanks, :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yea tether, not twitter...

I have a PC...

jmann

macrumors 604
If you have a Mac, and you are connected via ethernet to the internet, you can "share" your internet connection from the System Preferences. I don't know what this has to do with twitter though...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 131

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
xyzmax said:
Hey all,

Does anyone know if its possible to have reverse twitter on iphone? What I mean is that if I dont have wifi/data plan on iphone, I want internet access for my iphone. I can plug it into my computer with internet access and allow my iphone to get the same connection.

Is it even possible or am I just making up stuffs??? Thanks,

Reverse twitter? I think you mean reverse tether, Twitter is a social networking website :)

bigmykey

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
Thanks... here it is

Thanks Jmann... you are the mann. You won't believe how many hours and tabs I had open up looking for this all day, and to think it was something that simple no one thought of in all of those forums... really you made my day. thanks... on to the post above, one of the many post I came across that didn't have to do with what I was looking for but I think this is exactly what you need.. let me know.

http://alaashaker.wordpress.com/200...aptop-using-a-wireless-ad-hoc-network-iphone/

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Do you know how to do it on PC? Thanks,

What you want to do is not called tethering, but creating an ad-hoc Wi-Fi network. The steps are slightly different for XP and Vista. Follow the instructions for setting up your PC. During the process you will assign your new network an SSID. You should then be able to connect to that network just like you would to any Wi-Fi network.

turbotony

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2009
reverse tether

bzeek....why put up software that does not let you turn it on...or require an activation code?...is this malware?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.