iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by PittyPat, Apr 13, 2010.

1. PittyPat macrumors newbie

My friend has asked me to jailbreak and unlock his new iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3 firmware. I tried the so called 'sn0wbreeze' but when I go to restore it back in iTunes it just comes back needing an AT&T sim card and I can't get into the phone. When I try to downgrade the phone to 3.1.2 in order to use redsn0w to jailbreak I get an error message and the phone never downgrades. If anyone has any of the same issues and got them resolved or has resolutions for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cannot JB or unlock a 3GS with 3.1.3
    Before you tried and downloaded all the tools that dont work you should have searched a little.

3. PittyPat thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I obviously tried some research and came accross Sn0wbreeze. So there is no possible way to jailbreak or unlock it? And also, how do I downgrade the firmware on the 3GS to 3.1.2 because that is jailbreak and unlock-able.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope.
    Snowbreeze will only work on an already JB iphone thats on 3.1.2 and update it to a JB 3.1.3 firmware.

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Nope not on a virgin never before jailbroken iphone.

6. PittyPat thread starter macrumors newbie

So even if I downgrade the firmware (and why do I keep getting error messages every time I try to downgrade to a lower firmware?) I can't jailbreak or unlock a 3GS?

7. iFixYouri macrumors member

No unlock available. The modem firmware gets updated when upgrading to 3.1.3. Modem firmware can not downgraded.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You will not be able to downgrade it either.
    Let me say it one more time.
    You cannot jailbreak or unlock a 3.1.3 3GS at the moment.