iPhone 3GS Safari Issue - Anybody having similar problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vilasgn, Jul 1, 2009.

1. vilasgn macrumors regular

Hi -

I got my iPhone 3GS on launch day and everything is working fine so far except one frustrating issue. This happened around 3 times since I got my 3GS.

When I use SAFARI, some time page does not load completely. The page load progress bar moves quickly to the half of the URL section but after that it just keeps on loading forever.

This is definitely not my Wifi, 3G, Edge issue because whenever I face this issue I disable one network after another (wifi -> 3G -> E etc.) and the issue still happens.

Also, this issue has happened outside too (not in my house).

I tried to load different sites but the result is same.

Later on after 25-30 mins it just works :)

Whenever this issue happens, I try to switch networks (as mentioned above), clear safari cache, change to airplane mode etc. but nothing helped.

Only thing I did not do is , hard reset my phone because I don't know why I should do that (or I don't want that way to fix it).

Anybody is having this similar issue?

2. Que macrumors 6502

3. megaming macrumors newbie

megaming

yeah

today my safari froze on my 3gs. it didnt freeze up the phone just that app. i was able to do everything else fine but safari. it showed that it was "loading" and i could not select anything. I just restarted it and now it is fine. I hope its the OS and not the phone. Also there is a other issue i have noticed. When my phone is in sleep mode and i click the on button, sometimes the LCD backlight does not activate. It has happened to me 3 times. I dunno what it is but it kinda sucks when ur in a dark room lol. O well hes my 2 cents.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

This isn't a problem that people are reporting, so if you've tried everything that is not OS-related, why don't you want to do a restore?

5. vilasgn thread starter macrumors regular

6. fygy5 macrumors newbie

I have had this happen a few times when going from wifi to 3g or edge switch doent go as seemless as apple likes to say. When safari is in the middle of loading a page and it switches to or from wifi to cell network the ip address changes and safari will not load the rest of the page untill I refresh the page. I just loads and loads because its trying to load via the ip its no longer using.

7. BassetCase macrumors member

That happened to me yesterday. Safari was frozen up but everything else worked fine. I restarted the iphone and then it worked fine.

8. Stunod7 macrumors member

Stunod7

I've only had this happen on one site, and it was some internal thing for work... Turns out there was some script that was hanging and stopping the page from loading properly until the script timed out. But if you are getting it in more places than one, I guess that's a little different.

9. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Nothing worng with that happening, move along your phone is working fine!

10. sesnir macrumors 6502

Are you out of memory? Use one of those apps (free memory, istat) to determine... because I know on my old 3G if I ran too low on memory safari would no longer complete loading pages.