iphone 3gs screen is not working but I still found it on itune.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by joywrwr, Nov 21, 2011.

1. joywrwr macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

My bf dropped iphone 3gs to toilet. He tried to turn it off and bring home to me.
    I did the rice trick for overnight then I try to turn it on but I don't see anything on the screen but anyhow I did try to plug it to my laptop and I found it on itune. :D

So this is mean that the motherboard is still working right? But LCD screen display digitizer is not right?

I will change it myself as I open it and it seem to be easy to do so I need to make sure that I order the right one to fix...

Thank you very much!

PS. English is not my native so I can't really get into details.

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You probably should have left it in the rice for more than 24 hours. Most people on here would recommend more than 7 days.

Although seeing that you are getting that result, I would assume to say that you are correct. Try replacing the display and see if your iPhone boots up properly.

3. joywrwr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much Kyotoma! I did open it and check the sticker didn't turn pink so I decide to left it just over night and I dried it with cool air dryer before I put into the rice.
    So I will order the LCD screen from ebay now :)

Thank you again!
    Joy